Thursday, July 19, 2007

dodgy

Yup. So, with my spotty work experience and my dodgy undergrad degree, what should I do?

I'm most likely dropping Wharton and Harvard for Round 1 as it may truly be too unrealistic to apply to them. They were a good dream while it lasted. So, onward ho, who's left on the list?

i) Tuck EA
ii) Columbia ED
iii) Duke
iv) Ross (possibly)

In fact, there are no safety schools on my list. Yup, that's how dodgy my background is... but heck, I'm going full steam ahead. After all, at worst, I get rejected.... *GASP* REJECTED!!!! :(

But anyway, I've started on both Tuck and Columbia and will complete them by September 15. I've also got to look at Duke or Ross. Duke requires some quant skills, so I'm hoping that if I say "I'm doing some sexy quant stuff." that Duke would be willing to look past my lack of quant in my undergrad. Surely Duke won't be that superficial? I mean, it's only quant....

I'm hoping that Columbia gives me a chance, I'm willing to put the $5000 downpayment upon acceptance and withdraw from other schools. So who knows? Maybe...

5 comments:

Philippides said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. You know what our GMAT scores are almost similar.

Anonymous said...

What's your view on renegging on Early Decisions, since you are applying to more than one? What if you get into HBS and CBS/Tuck-ED?

Anonymous said...

Good that you've zeroed in your final targets.. Am still very confused regarding where I want to go...

Good luck

hello said...

Hey..was just going thru ur blog.. Pse do let me know your current state (have you got ur mba yet?)- Somehow a lot of the stuff (about not being special etc.) resonates with me (I'm still not comfortable "marketing" myself), but have achieved some success in life. Im just starting applications and targeting Tuck R1. 11 days left (written GMAT-750) for completing them: i know its crazy but if I'd like your opinion.

hello said...

Hey..was just going thru ur blog.. Pse do let me know your current state (have you got ur mba yet?)- Somehow a lot of the stuff (about not being special etc.) resonates with me (I'm still not comfortable "marketing" myself), but have achieved some success in life. Im just starting applications and targeting Tuck R1. 11 days left (written GMAT-750) for completing them: i know its crazy but if I'd like your opinion.