Saturday, May 19, 2007

It is a wonderful thing to be able to sit at the computer, with just music and the GMAT to keep me company. Honestly speaking, I could probably spend hours and days just doing that. There is a sense of accomplishment when you get each question correct or understand where you went wrong. However, there's more to life than the GMAT and funky music, so let's get on with it!

First up. I've decided to do and online maths course with the University of Illinois (Urbana Champaign). With a weak (read - non :P) quantitative background, it would definitely be in my favor to complete a quant course. Of course, nothing less than an straight A is expected.

However, I'm stuck in a timing situation. Given that I'm starting on the NetMath course, I would only complete it end of September (it's a 17 week course). Tuck's EA rounds are usually in October along with the 1st round for other schools. So I'm a bit tight on time there. Taking into consideration that I intend to hit the GMAT one more time for posterity, I haven't much time to set aside for the GMAT.

Throw in a new job that is probably going to be very demanding in terms of time.... I'm going to be really tight on time.... regardless, onward ho!

-----

After reading some psychology book, my mother has brought to my attention that she believes my drive to attend a top b/school is possibly the result of low self esteem brought about by depression. :(

I do wish my mother would stop making conclusions like that.

Do depressed people attend b/school?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hey there.. don't worry about it too much.. what's important is that you're doing a good thing by being depressed. heck, some of the depressed people i heard of (being in a 3rd world country) have tried to:
-jump off a building
-bullied street children
-have a sex change operation

now compare all that with going to b-school? does that cheer you up? :-)

Anonymous said...

Hehehe that's funny, a relationship between depression and business schools.

My answer is: no way!

take care ;)

Anonymous said...

'The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams' -Eleanor Roosevelt

Don't bother about other things. You are right on your way.

Anonymous said...

On the contrary, it requires a high level of self esteem to learn things like Marketing, Communication, Leadership etc and be able to put yourself on the line in front of others. It means you believe you can do it.