Thursday, May 24, 2007

Despite hardly touching the GMAT for the past week, my sentence correction has improved. I managed to do Questions 126 - 150 from the 1000 SC set with only 1 mistake - I forgot the idiom "believe X to be Y".

May Questions 126 - 150 are easy questions, but nevertheless, it feels good that I've improved. Next, to get a perfect score of 25/25 (I divide and make my own little sets of 25 questions per set).

So, at least, it's something concrete to show me that I am improving.

Princeton Review called me again asking me to enroll into their GMAT course. They have been calling me regularly, every 3 weeks of so, and I refuse them each time as the course is not guaranteed to improve my score. However, lately they have been saying that they are willing to issue a letter of guarantee stating that my score will reach 720 and above if I attend the course. So, I'm waiting for them to actually pen it down and send it to me. So that's an interesting situation, to see whether they are willing to stand up for their services. Maybe I'm being a bit unreasonable, but really, I have no intention of signing up for the course when I could use the money for a Maths course, or some other worthy cause.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello ;)

I wanted an specific management approach (I'm finishing in a few days my bachelor in economics, got a degree in business science and an engineering too), I didn't want to leave my job, so it had to be an executive, and I didn't want it to be in Spain (I worked at IESE and know many people of ESADE and IE). I've been an enterpreneur, directed teams, big projects. I'm older than you hehehe. And I wanted it to be in UK, so the choices were narrowed to Henley, Warwick, Edinburgh, and a few more. I decided Henley and got in ;)

An MBA is only a three-letter-word. Its value will come from the way you apply it to your own life. The school is not that important, you are. Just be yourself and you'll have a great experience learning everyday :)

I'm sure you'll manage to do that too. Read you soon.

RSM09 said...

Wow! You are doing pretty good. At this rate, I don't think you will even need a prep course.