Sunday, December 2, 2007

For the past 2 odd years, I've been asked repeatedly, "Why do you want to do an MBA in America?" I guess it's a valid question when most people from my country do not do that. It's just sopmething that you don't do. Maybe an MBA locally done on a transfer program, that's good to go, but to spend 2 years abroad and USD150k? That's just against common sense.

I've been told that I could buy a house, maybe settle down, or if I want to be naughty, I would be an entrepreneur and start my own business with that kind of cash.

So I've been thinking about it. A lot, and I think it goes like this: I am starting a business, I'm investing in Me Inc. that USD150k goes towards investing in a business that has a business plan, a short term and a long term goal. Businesses like this tend to show a good ROI and have a pretty decent success rate.

So that's why.

3 comments:

nickie nick said...

Hey Wannabe,
I read your post in a hurry and for a minute I thought you are abandoning the MBA bandwagon. I had to re-read what you wrote. Good to know that you are sticking to your plans despite the doubters. I guarantee you that when you come to the US you will realize that there are actually quite a lot of people who go against "common" sense and invest in Me Inc. By the way, I am curious to know what country you are from if you don't mind sharing.

-tvu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
-tvu said...

Good for you. Have a goal and stick to it. Visionaries have the ability to see above the crowd and have the determination to stick their vision. Despite all disbelievers and counter intuitive it may seem.