Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I've thought about it. Chicago GSB will be the last school that I apply to. Yes, maybe I could pump out an application for Ross or Wharton in time. But I don't think it would be a really good application. Not only that, but I may not even get my recommenderse to fit it in on time. I would feel rather rushed for time. It's definitely putting all my eggs in a basket, but I guess, maybe I'm also getting a bit tired.

So, as they say, I'm pot committed to Chicago GSB. All in baby. Nothing less. So let me take stock of what I've got prepared for Chicago GSB.

1. Essay 1 - Completed, in the midst of polishing. I'll give this nothing less than a Grade A. How do I know? I had 5 people read it, 2 who reworked it to hell and back. I'm passing it to a Chicago GSB student for her opinion after I'm done fine tuning. Target for completion, would be next week latest.

2. Essay 2 - Completed, with an interesting approach to it. The person that I chose is hopefully different from the usual and it definitely ties in with my long term goals. Grade B

3. Powerpoint Presentation - Just completed it today. Will polish it by this weekend and send it to the student. Completed with the help of a senior consultant. Grade B

4. Recommendations - 1 from a former supervisor who brought me into banking and 1 from my volunteer organization. Shouldn't be anything less than a Grade B.

I can only control my essays, and will do so to push them to a Grade A standard. Good luck to me.