Saturday, June 30, 2007

Waiting for the GMAT to come. I'm hoping for peak performance for the GMAT. At this point, what is there left to do except read? Since it's my last week at work, I plan to bring GMAT stuff to the office to study.

I've been having anxiety nightmares about the GMAT again. Had another one where I was wondering the corridors of a school looking for a place to sign in and do the GMAT. I must be feeling a lot more anxious about it this time round, I guess since it's most likely going to be the last year I apply (I'm probably not going to b/school if I don't get in this time because of personal reasons.), the pressure to do really well is getting to me. I've finished the Quant section of the OG, scoring 90% or better on the overall. I am just reading the Manhattan GMAT series to round out my quant prep. As for verbal, i'm scoring between 76% to 80% of the 1000 SC questions and about 90% for the Critial Reasoning.

I'm left with doing Data Sufficiency and Reading Comprehension. While I never did prep for these two areas before, I'm planning to cover them by Thursday next week.

I'm just waiting... oh, and since it's the last week, no more hardcore for me. Have to get my brain into the right frame of mind.

-----

Somebody told me that I would find a girlfriend in b/school :) Now, that is an interesting thought. Haha.I can see a b/school relationship - it would be competitive, intense and probably a lot of fun :) God forbid that I start my conversations in b/school with regards to past jobs, the application process, post MBA goals or why MBA. I wonder what would be a good opening line to chat up somebody in b/school? Do different schools (Wharton/Tuck/LBS/Insead/etc) have different pick up lines?

2 comments:

-tvu said...

I'd use, "what's your sign, baby." hehe...

gltnforpnshmnt said...

"are you a verbal or a quant kind of girl?"