Saturday, June 30, 2007

CuteColleague: ... and you know, I've been thinking, maybe I should go back and study, like do an MBA or something

Wannabe: (feigning disinterest since my wanting to do an MBA is hush hush at the office) Oh really? That's an interesting idea, why do you want to do an MBA for?

CuteColleague: Well, i dunno, take a break, and then do something after that. Like consulting. I don't really like this banking stuff.

Wannabe: Where do you want to do your MBA? I heard there are all these great schools, in the USA and Europe. Like Harvard and what not.

CuteColleague: I dunno, anywhere sounds like a good idea. Maybe Europe, I've never been there. But I'm seriously thinking about it. Maybe next year.

Wannabe: Really? Hmm. To be honest, I'm also thinking about doing an MBA, maybe we could have lunch and talk about it. I've been thinking about it for... maybe 2 years.

------

Lunch:

Wannabe: Applying for an MBA is pretty tricky. There's this horrible test called the GMAT and then there's the essay writing and applications, then if you're lucky, an interview or two before getting accepted.

CuteColleague: What test? What essays? Don't I just have to apply and get accepted? How hard can it be? What have you done so far?

Wannabe: Well, I've taken the GMAT once, and I'm going to take it again. I've enrolled for Maths classes to make sure I'm quantitatively abled. I'll probably start writing the essays next month until application deadlines in October.

CuteColleague: How long does it take to prepare for the GMAT? 2 weeks? A month?

Wannabe: Maybe about 3 to 6 months.

CuteColleague: And to write the essays and applications?

Wannabe: Maybe 3 to 6 months. But you don't even know where you want to go and study.

CuteColleague: That's true. How long will it take to research everything and get started?

Wannabe: 2 to 3 months.

CuteColleague: I have to spend nearly a year just applying to study?! But I want a life!

Wannabe: You will have a life. Welcome to b/school applications.

CuteColleague: Maybe I better think more about this....


So, I don't think she's going to apply to b/school this round. At least not this year. I would be happy to guide her though ;)

Back to my GMAT lifestyle then. :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guide her through, Wannabe! Be her shining star, her guiding light :D

X: "So how did you two meet?"
WB: "Oh, you know, through the typical stuff."
X: "Care to elaborate?"
WB: "GMAT, man, GMAT. Better than any aphrodisiac."

Anonymous said...

If she is cute enough, and if you are single xD, you could offer to help with that process all along xD

best regards