Wednesday, August 8, 2007

With the exception of Essay 2, the rest of Columbia's essays are pretty easy going. I've completed the first drafts and will be finalizing the rest. I'm also planning to send in my transcripts to Columbia instead of completing the self reporting transcripts. I also need to get on the GMAT and forward a copy of my scores. Suddenly everything seems so sudden!

That seems to be the common thing about applications - you seem to have a lot of time, then when you sit down and start doing it... you suddenly wish for another month or so. But when you're done with an application, you start to wish that time would pass faster so you would be getting that interview call.... and then that admit!

You know things will be well when you start looking forward to being able to work on your application. When the stress isn't in the application itself, but the fact that you have to do other things before you hit the applications. Like the GMAT, applications can become enjoyable after a while - I look forward to editing the essays every night, it gives me a goal, no matter how fleeting. Sometimes I wonder, what would I be doing if not pursuing an MBA - would I be out partying? would I be sitting around, watching TV? As I said before, MBA applications become a lifestyle, at least for me it has.

It's a bit sad, scary, but true.

4 comments:

Achilles said...

hey wannabe,

thanks for the link man!! this is what i was exactly looking for, thanks again!! And all the best for your essays....will need your help when i start mine after my GMAT :)

Anonymous said...

hey wannabe,
im an applicant and will also be applying to CBS ED. I needed some help with the transcripts. Can you send me a note on hazyblur@gmail.com.

Thanks and all the best...

Anonymous said...

just wanted to add, you can self report your gmat scores to CBS for now, and once admitted you can send the official report.

Jaguar Paw said...

Congratz!! Thats a big start!