Friday, August 31, 2007

I'm so close to submitting Columbia's application I can almost taste the Submit button....

Essays have been good, I've received lots of feedback - and am waiting for more feedback from people I've met at GMATclub.com. I think an important lesson I learnt regarding essays is that you shouldn't lose your personal voice and touch when writting the essays. In general, once you've drafted your essays out, you'll proceed to edit the hell out of them for clarity and direction. However, try not to leave in the personal touch, maybe you like using certain terms and you've described yourself in the essays; leave those parts in.

The ad coms are human and so are you, so a little human touch in the essays would be great. After all, you're not writing a technical document.

But then, I might be seriously wrong :P Nevertheless, I'm taking the risk and am going to be me! :) I only wish I could write well enough to make an ad com cry :)


Listening to

Chywynny - I am (Sy & Unknown mix).mp3
Ultravibes - Dust.mp3

No comments: