Tuesday, November 13, 2007

EVERYBODY SCREAAAAAM!! FEEL GOOOOD!

No. I have NOT got an interview invite, much less an admit.

But hey, that's no reason to feel down right? So you haven't got that sexy interview admit, and so Columbia/Wharton/Chicago doesn't think you're as hot as PetroChina, but that's cool. You know why? Because.... because there's round 2 coming up! WHOA!

That's right, Round 2 applications are due in two months or there abouts, so here's a chance to learn from all your mistakes that you made in Round 1 and perfect those sorry essays. I've got to say that since Round 1, I've realized/learnt where my mistakes were and am hell bent on making sure my next application is as close to perfection as possible.

I think, since last year, I've managed to narrow down a few keypoints that need to be considered in Essay 1.

1. Why MBA? Be so clear on this point that it hurts to read your essay. Be explicit in your explanation.

2. Why this MBA? Because it's a top school and had the best placements for IB/MC isn't good enough. You need a hook.

3. Why now? I messed up big time on this point. But why now is a definite necessity. However, I'm still struggling with this point.

4. Talk about what makes you special. Another point which I'm still struggling with. I'm not special and it's kind of hard to talk about something you're not. Maybe I could say "because I'm hot and you're not...."

5. And why do you have the short term goals that you have? And no, apparently saying because you'll make a gazillion trillion bucks working in IB isn't a good answer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey thats the spirit man! all the best for ur chicago ppt!!!