Saturday, October 27, 2007

I have to admit, I've taken an extended from applications. I feel so blank when I load up Uni. Chicago GSB's essays. Staring at them, willing for the perfect essays to be written. I'm done with the first draft, completed my GSB resume and started part of the application, but I can't seem to find the extra drive to move on and complete them. Partly because the deadline is in January, and partly because I'm a bit tired of applications.

But hell, I'm going to push myself and complete them!

So, what have I done in my spare time? Nothing much actually, re-started my Calculus course, and done quite a bit of chatting on MSN. It's no wonder companies bar MSN from the workplace, chatting is truly an attractive waste of time.

Once again, I've been looking at the available options to what if I don't get accepted. I think, if I don't get accepted this year, I'm going to skip a year or so before I reapply. So, I'll probably only apply for the Class of 2012 if I don't get accepted. What do I plan to do for the 2 years? Stay on at my job or move to a consulting company, and maybe draw up a few business plans for practice.

One of the organizations that I'm with has happily agreed to write my letter of recommendations - standard letter format, so I'm submitting one to Tuck as an additional information. Hopefully it will strengthen my application. I'll be awfully disappointed if I get rejected from Tuck with an interview again.

3 comments:

-- said...

How old are you? 2 years is a long time to wait before joining bschool... if you are early 20s (<25), I guess this is viable, but wouldn't it be more fun to go ASAP? I know I wouldn't have as much fun joining bschool at 29 versus 25... it's more about the experience, man. Party it up while you have the chance!

RunningTurtle said...

In hurry, i read the first line as "i have an admit".

Anonymous said...

Hey wannabe, any good news from tuck? did u IV with them?
good luck in trying out other people's shoes in the meanwhile ;-)