Friday, October 12, 2007

Ding with Columbia.

-----

DearestTuck,

Once again, it's that time of the year. When I've clicked that little Submit Application button.

I've already had my heart broken by Columbia and I'm counting on you to show me some love. When I applied last year, you told me that due to the extremely competitive pool, I was not able to be selected. I understand that applications were up 40%. You told me to apply again, you hinted that there could be something special between the both of us.

Your stats say that you favor reapplicants. Your ad coms say that applicants are the bomb. I'm a reapplicant, so give me some love. I've improved my GKMAT, taken on extra curricular activities, got promoted at work, done everything except get down on my knees. But I'll do that for you Tuck, because in my heart, you're number 1.

Truth be told, I had a thought time wondering whether I would really accept Columbia's ED if you gave me some love. But that's no longer a worry, Columbia hass dumped me by the roadside like last year's out of season shoes. So, go ahead, give me that interview invite and that special shiny admit. You know I'm good for it.

I'll give back to the school, I'll be a team player, I'll promote the Tuck name where I go. When I make MD after graduating, I'll give blind job interviews to all Tuck graduates. When I make CEO of a Fortunate 500 company, I'll talk about how you enabled me to achieve greatness and that there is no better school than Tuck. Harvard, Stanford, and the rest have nothing on you.

So Tuck, give me some love.


Love,

Wannabe

6 comments:

Deepthroat said...

Hi Wannabe,
Don't lose hope. Things will be alrite... Try to keep a cool head. I am sure things happen for the better.....

When did u come to know of the columbia ding..?

Anonymous said...

Hey that was quick from Columbia... My only advice: dont hurry up any apps - to Tuck or any other schools; its better to be in late than not at all. That said, you now know why posssibly you didnt make it - if you dont send in your columbia essays to your reviewers, and look at the comments more closely. That would help I guess. All the best!

globetrotter said...

You have only a 15% chance of getting into these schools to begin with. You may have done everything right but the school probably had spots for only 10 like you and you were the 11th to apply ...its impossible to tell why anybody gets dinged so keep your chin up and plug away on the other apps.

Unknown said...

Hi Wannabe,

Don't be sad man. I was dinged by Columbia too. I just knew the result a few minutes ago. Quite sad coz this is my 2nd attempt for Columbia also... Hope things will get better.

Good luck with other apps.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the bad news from Columba but you should keep confident untill you get in somwhere, Wannabe! I really like your writings and I am very impressed with all the courage and passion you've put in this process. I have been admitted to Columbia and it's sad not to have you with us. But if this makes you feel better, I think that you are just as strong a canadidate as I am, and you should not fee any less of yourself just because Columbia did not take you. Lots of top schools out there, just cuz you missed one does not project your chances at others AT ALL!!! Keep it up, we count on your good news! If you need a second look at your essays i am willing to help, email me at cypressday@yahoo.com!

nickie nick said...

Did you complete your interview at Tuck. How did it go?